Make Kids Smile Now Through February 17
February begins our month-long celebration of community service, known as Project Worldwide. This long standing tradition is Texas Exes’ community service initiative in which chapters around the globe participate in a single day of community service during the month of February.
This international service initiative, is an extension of the annual student-driven community service project on the UT campus known as “The Project” which also takes place in February and attracts thousands of UT students, alumni, faculty & staff to give back to the community.
Project Worldwide is an opportunity for UT Alumni to not only serve our alma mater, but the members of our own El Paso community. Help us reach our goal so that we can prove once again “El Paso Strong” and that “What Starts Here Changes The World”!
The El Paso chapter will be teaming up with local charity, Kemarah’s Chasing Rainbows, a non-profit organization to:
- Collect and distribute toys/gifts to hospitalized children at Providence Children’s Hospital.
- Collect and distribute toiletries for moms of hospitalized children such as travel size shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, bath soap, lotion, combs, razors, etc.
- Provide funds to Make-A-Wish to grant a wish to an El Paso child battling a life threatening illness.
- All gifts must be new, store bought recently. Do not wrap or bag gifts.
- The following items are NOT allowed: Electrical toys, stuffed animals, stickers, bubbles, balloons, and homemade crafts.
So, get involved and choose one of the above initiatives now. All donated items must be received by Monday, February 17 at a Texas Title Company location Mon – Sat 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- WESTSIDE: 6006 N. Mesa, Ste. 804
- EASTSIDE: 1360 N. Lee Trevino, Ste. 107
Distribution will take place at Providence Children’s Hospital Thursday, February 20, 2020, at 10:30 AM.
For questions, contact Andrew Reynoso, email@example.com or (915) 920-0774. More information about the organization can be found at https://kemarahschasingrainbows.org/